7th October 2020
Top ten things to do these school holidays!
Are the Holidays here already?!
Here are our Top 10 activities to enjoy these school holidays:
1.Picnic lunch at Cornwall Park! Rumour has it there are some very cute baby lambs and calves roaming around- plus plenty of open leafy spaces to set up for an afternoon!
2.The brand new Mount Eden Volcano track is open (buggy and dog friendly!)and ready to explore! Arguably the best views of the city and very close to the Cereal Killer Cafe for a yummy freak shake treat!
3. Check out the brand new Whoa! Studios!! This is a movie set/performing arts space for kids to explore! There are plenty of live shows throughout the day!! The studios are a three minute walk from the train station so an awesome way to take advantage of the 99c kids weekends on Auckland Public Transport! https://whoastudios.co.nz/
4. Auckland Museum- free for Aucklanders so bring proof of address! Has an awesome hands on Weird and Wonderful section!
5. Explore a bike track! Burn off some energy at one of these local tracks: Barry Curtis Park, Totara Park, Samuel Miller Reserve, Puni Park Pump track and Pakuranga Rotary Walkway!
6. Who doesn’t love a flying fox? Check out these crazy ones at Mission Heights Park, Macleans Park and Samuel Miller park!
7. Giant game of snakes and ladders??! Now that they’re open again check out the awesome giant snakes and ladders slides at the Farm Cove playground- right by the Rotary bike track!!
8. Get creative! The Auckland Art Gallery has a hands-on creative centre open everyday from 10-3!
9. Check out the Nathan Homestead in Manurewa for their daily creative activities- including painting, clay sculpture and printing!
10. Keep on dancing!!! Our dance classes go right through the school holidays on your normal scheduled day and time.
See you on the dance floor!